As the year speeds to its end, we begin to mentally prepare for next year. This is a great time to assess your personal and professional accomplishments and challenges THIS year to help you set your sights on your goals for 2015. Here are some questions to ask yourself:
1. What have I accomplished this year? What kind of impact did I make? What did I influence? Be specific. Write it all down. Schedule some time to celebrate this!
2. What have I learned this year? What skills did you pick up? What emotional lessons?
3. What got in my way? This is where your work will be next year. Be honest if it was your own self that got in the way.
4. Who contributed to my successes? What can you do to recognize these members of your personal or professional team?
5. What mistakes did I make, and what did I learn from them? Writing these down is a good refresher for what not to do next year.
6. How was my work consistent with my values? What will you do with the inconsistencies?
7. Where did I not take responsibility? Sometimes this is easier to see with a little distance from the actual event.
8. How did my performance rate? Give yourself a letter grade or a 1-10 score. Is my income where I want it to be?
9. What do I need to let go of? Doing so can help you move much more lightly into the new year.
10. What was missing for me this year? How can you incorporate them into next year?
Have a Happy, Healthy, Prosperous and Successful New Year!!